Saturday, May 2, 2009

Babywearing Project

I recently made a Moby-wrap style baby carrier, although, "made" might be stretching it a bit. I've wanted to try one of these for a while, so found some online instructions. Turns out, this is a piece of knit fabric, 20" by 5'. That's it. I cut five feet of fabric. No hemming or anything. The trick was learning to wrap it. Incidentally, the fabric piece I bought would make two more, so if you want one, comment or e-mail, and I will send you one (to the first two commenters only). :)

7 comments:

Gallagators said...

Ohh! I'd like one! Let me know what you'd like for it! Will they work or bigger babies?

j said...

I live in utah, but am interested in one! How much do you want for it?? my email is jbraegger@hotmail.com...

Trimble said...

Do you feel like the baby is totally secure? Any suggestions on the type of fabric to purchase for this?

Elisa Morrison said...

Trimble: yes, I think the baby's secure although it takes some practice to get him in and out. Look at the Moby wrap site. I'd recommend a lightweight knit without a lot of stretch. Hope this helps. :)

Courtney said...

If you start making these to sell, I'm in. I really want to try one out. You're so crafty!

Faye said...

ok i want onr! lol (is it too late for that? ) im ok if it is, but im expecting baby number 2 and 3 !! thats right twins, and i am not in a place to spend 50 bucks on a wrap! i was going to try to amek one but since you said it was that easy... can yu show me how to wrap lol my babies are here yet but i will be using the wrap a lot since i will probably not be getting a double stroller just yet. thanks! and I found you via instructables on the maternity jeans how to. thanks for sharing!

Faye said...

i just want to do this comment here so i can get follow up replies! i forgot to check it in the last comment